So, this is not a good week to work. The office is empty, except for me. There is a brooding silence all over the place. Beyond the office, as I go up to the corridors, the same eerie feeling of emptiness greets me. I only hear the heating machines make a continuous humming sound, which adds to the boredom that lingers over the place.
As usual, the morning is pretty much wasted. I arrived late. My eyes are still heavy from the lack of sleep, which is the staple diet on Sunday nights. My body is still recovering from the unruly routines of the weekend, trying to get into pace with the weekday grind.
The tonic that helps best in these dark times, is the coffee. It is great gift of God, without which inumerable promising scientific careers would have been died a premature death.
However,coffee was hard to come by today. Every cafe in the campus met me with a gloomy closed door, when, in desperation,I went to search for the manna dew. Hence,I had to walk up to Starbucks, to buy theit overpriced coffee.
It is time for lunch. I still havent finished my coffee, nor have got any work done.
But I must go home early today.
Last nights, my darkest fears started haunting me again. But more on that later.
How do you say, "I don't know" in Discipline X
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment