Friday, October 23, 2009

Strip Clubs

First, let me just come out a little. I am Indian, as some of you might have already guessed. Thats not too much of a coming out anyway, since Indians make up the highest percentage of foreign grad students in the United States. But it helps to understand some of my cultural references.

I have started going to the strip club for a few weeks now. It seems to be the only safe, affordable, legal way of getting rid of some of my sexual frustrations. Also, I am "feeling" women for the first time in my life. Its kind of sad that I have never felt a woman's touch (not the motherly or the auntly one) in my life, and of all places, it is a strip club where I have to go to experience it. However, it is helpful to me for a number of reasons. It gives a safe outlet to my frustrated sexual desires, which keeps it from going too kinky and all. I am slowly becoming more vanilla, or so I hope.

Anyway, so I was thinking of going to the club today (I find it really funny that they call it a Gentleman's club) but dropped the idea because of the rains. Also because on Sunday there's a student discount on the cover in a more upscale place(again I find it funny, student discount in a strip club), so I thought I may as well waste my one dollar notes there.

So, my bus was going along the street where the joint is. I suddenly remembered the conversation with a stripper I was having. This stripper, who was particularly kind to me in letting me touch her, told me her name was Kendra. So I was searching for the name in the club website,but could not locate her in the dancer schedule. So that reminded me of an old old Hindi movie I saw in my childhood, where the herione is a "wasted woman" who asks the hero "mere naam nahi puchhoge?" (Wont you ask my name?) and the hero answers "Poochne se faayda, tum jaise ladki to kapre ke tarah apne nam badalte ho" (Whats the point in asking, girls like you change their names as frequently as they change dresses"). I also remembered how strict my parents were about watching Hindi movies. Apparently, watching such movies were supposedly going to spoil your character. huh!
I had a silent chuckle about their conservatism, and what that has led to. Simple entertainments were not permitted since they would spoil the child's character, and here is the child, a few years from that, going to cheap strip joints and spending money on a stripper. I was wondering what they would think of the success of their parenting! :-)

No comments: